Thursday, September 6, 2012

When does drawing naked people stop being awkward?


I'm on such a drawing high right now.
I think it's the endorphins released post-stress, because I do find life drawing really stressful.

I don't know if it's the presence of a tutor, the short pose times (about 15 minutes, which is short for me), that everyone else can see your work or that people are just really hard to draw... what ever the reason, I find it unbelievably stressful.

I very nearly screamed behind my easel several times.


But then the pose is over.
All you can do is step back and see what you've got.
And that's when the high kicks in.

I did these last night at the Candid Arts Trust drop is session, and it still feels pretty good the next morning.

Of course, sometimes when you step back you aren't greeted with perfection.
For instance, in real life our model's thighs meet his bum, but not in my drawing:
Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment