Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ideas to transform basic pizza into something special

Herby Butternut squash pizza

You can''t go wrong with pizza, right? Right. But I'm always on the look out for ways to make pizza even righter.

Quick ways to transform normal, standard pizza into something a bit special:
1 - Pimp that base: if you're making the base, add roast butternut squash, garlic or anything you like to the dough.

I think I need to try adding roast beetroot next! Don't you think that would look amazing?

2 - Herb it up: use fresh herbs with your topping of choice. Herbs really bring pizzas to another level.

Try unconventional ones. Thyme goes well with butternut squash and roast peppers. Mint is amazing with feta, olives, spinach and tomatoes. Rosemary and chicken? Delicious.

3 - Vary your sauce: Tomato is traditional and there is nothing wrong with that. But what about a satay sauce topped with chicken and green peppers? Or a Bechamel sauce with leeks and courgette?

I think its time I started expanding my pizza repertoire. Any suggestions on how to make your pizza extra special?



No comments:

Post a Comment