Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Leftovers idea: crustless quiche

I love Tuesdays.

Tuesday is the day my Riverford veg box is delivered. 

It's like a vegetable-based Christmas every fortnight.

However, by Sunday or Monday night we often end up with odds and ends of vegetables and no inspiration of what to do with them. 
Especially when we know a whole new batch will be arriving in a couple of days.

I hate wasting food, so I'm always on the look out for quick, leftover veg ideas.

One of my favourites is crustless quiche.

- Collect all your left over vegetables together. Blanch where necessary.

 

I've got left over kale, butternut squash, some sprouts, peppers and asparagus. 

- Pre-heat oven to approximately 200°C

- Dump them in a lined tin, or in this case a silicon mold.

- Cover with a well seasoned egg/milk mixture (for this 8in tin I used 4 medium eggs and the same volume of milk)

- Grate a strong, hard cheese on top

- Cook for 15-25 minutes until the egg is cooked through and the cheese is browned.





No comments:

Post a Comment